Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Put and Take


 My Dad has a collection of interesting small brass items which he keeps in a little glass cabinet on his dresser.


 This little brass Put and Take has a special history.
Dad says that his Father gave it to his Mother along with a box of chocolates when they were courting around 1920.


 I don't know what kind of chocolates he gave her...
...but I have it pictured here with my Dad's favorites.

Put and Take was a gambling game with an interesting history.
It was popular from the 19th century to the 1940's.
A google search provides additional information.


 He also had this nice old brass whistle.
It is heavy duty with a lovely smooth old patina.
A google search turned up the Whistle Museum with lots of pictures if you are interested.


I am enjoying my visit here in beautiful Florida. 






Hope all is well with you!
:)