Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Red Barn


 For years, one of my favorite places to stop and look for treasure is a shop on the way to the lake called The Red Barn.


This is a place where you really have to dig...
...and sift through...



But it's worth it.


And it's fun.


I found all those old wooden type numbers, letters and signatures here this summer...
...in two baskets under a table.
That was a happy day.
:)


There are antiques, handmade items, new items
and consignment items.
New things are brought in all summer long...
...and old things are buried in the dark corners...


After we closed up the lake house
I said goodbye to the Red Barn for the season.
  Mr. Flea stopped on the way home and let me poke around one last time.
   Sometimes, he's really good like that! :)


Good bye Red Barn...
Have a good winter!

  
 Another weekend is approaching!
 I will be attending Aunt's weekend at the University of Rochester.

Well, actually it's Parent's Weekend...
but I'm going too!

I can't wait to see my nephew Joe!
:)