Monday, October 25, 2010

Vintage Perfume Bottle


 Thank you for all your sweet comments on yesterday's post.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to let me know you dropped by and I love knowing that you have precious jewels and memories of your own.


 This pretty crystal perfume bottle sat on my Mom's dresser all the while I was growing up.
Now it sits on my sister's dresser.
(Yes, Lynn...I borrowed it for the afternoon).
 
 Still so pretty and asking for a little photo shoot in the Florida sunshine today.

  
We don't know much about it or where it came from. Perhaps you recognize the bottle?
The bottom is tinted yellow.


 A neighbor brought this beautiful red hibiscus blossom over this morning....what an amazing flower!


I looked it up to find out a little more information about this gorgeous showy flower.
It seems the red hibiscus flower is traditionally worn 
by Tahitian women.
A single flower is tucked behind the ear.
It is used to indicate the wearer's availability for marriage.

I will make sure not to tuck this flower behind my ear.
Mr. Flea just called to say he misses me.
:)


This is my very first apple martini.


 I miss you too, Mr. Flea!

I'm having a good time with Mom and Dad!
Have a happy Tuesday!