Thursday, November 4, 2010

Found at Webster Flea


 Thank you for all your comments yesterday on my
Webster Flea market post....
...I adored all that blue enamelware but sadly no...
I didn't bring any pieces home to add to my collection.

In fact, I pretty much tried to stick to my resolve not to buy anything I couldn't take back on the plane with me. I picked up a few little clock faces, a funky little red Christmas tree stand, a rusty bed spring, some bits of lace trim...

(security at the airport must certainly have me pegged as one of the strange ones by now...)

...and then...
I saw this...



 ...which was holding these...


 Belgium, Dutch and French beer bottles...all in the prettiest shades of blue and green...
...all with a different maker etched onto the bottle...

After a little price negotiation...
I bought one of 3 crates full at a dirt cheap price.

Many thanks to my hunky brother in law Steve for carrying this heavy load back to the car while sister Lynn and I continued to shop.
(She found a set of gorgeous 1920's creme colored Bavarian china dishes decorated with an elegant silver and gold rim.)

That's the way it usually goes when we shop together.
Lynn finds something sophisticated and elegant and I find something crusty and rusty that I just can't live without.
  Like the time we were at the Paris flea market and she came home with a beautiful ring and I was thrilled with a wonderful blue and white checkered chipped enamel pitcher.
:) sigh



I enlisted my Dad 's help once again and we spent several hours cleaning off the sticky gook on the bottom of each bottle...


 These photos don't do the gorgeous colors justice...
...I can't wait to decorate with these beauties!
Can't you just picture them with a single blossom in each one...
...with the light shining through...
...perhaps lined up down the center of a table or on a window sill?


 Soap bubbles in the glass...


I even like the old crate!

Obviously, I had to leave the bottles and crate at my parent's home until we can arrange to get them north.

I did bring two of them back in my suitcase and will have to do a photo shoot soon!

Do you think I have lost my mind like the rest of my family does?

Maybe Mr. Flea won't mind...
...he likes Belgium beer!

:)