Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Morning


 We woke to a cold and crisp November morning.
I couldn't wait for our morning walk 
so I could try out my new camera.


This is one of my favorite old homes in our neighborhood.
  I love the old whitewashed brick and bright red doors and
the distinctive European feel to it.


I spent time trying out the settings on my new camera...
...learning to capture the details.


 Today was the first day to buy Christmas trees in our neighborhood.
When do you put your tree up?


This is Sasha....
...she is the sweet and friendly dog greeting the customers who were picking out their Christmas trees.


 This old oak chair that was lying on the ground was missing one leg.
I wanted to pull off those springs tied on the bottom
but Mr. Flea would have none of that.
I'll have to go back for them later!


And finally, I wanted to show you what I received in the mail today!
It is a sweet little angora nest brooch that I was lucky enough
to win from a Give Away at Karla's Cottage.
She included a charming handmade star ornament and 
a tiny white bottle brush tree.
 Thank you Karla!


I am asking for your opinion as I made a few changes
to my blog layout yesterday.
(with the technical help of a special friend)
You may have noticed that my margins are smaller
and my pictures are larger.

Do you like the look of it this way?

And...I'm not sure about the header...
perhaps it is just too big now.
Your feedback would be appreciated!
Any suggestions?

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

:)