Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brown Teddy Bear



I am not sure if I have ever shared this little
 antique teddy bear with you.
He is very ,very old ...
and belonged to the great aunt of a family friend.
I found him in a box with some other old toys
 when we helped clean out the attic. 

He's a silly bear.
 Here he is lounging about in a brown transfer ware gravy boat. 


...wearing a bit of tattered lace as an ascot...





And here....posing with a tiny bisque doll.

This time of year,
 I like to get out all my antique toys to use in my
 Christmas vignettes.
It's my chance to play!

And speaking of playing...
I am off to Connecticut tomorrow to meet up with the girls for some fun and Christmas shopping at a few of my favorite shops. 

I'm bringing my camera and hope to take lots of pictures to share.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
:)