Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Christmas Shop at Maynard Greenhouse


Step into Carole's Christmas shop at Maynard Greenhouse
 and you will be delighted with her visual displays,
 her choice of beautiful gifts, ribbons, ornaments, jewelry,
 decorative accessories, antiques and paper goods.


The selection of ribbons alone made my heart beat fast!



 There was an abundance of silver and glitter...
...crowns and French inspired gifts and accessories.
 There were also many touches of nature...
...birds and nests were a decided theme.


I had not seen Carole in a long time and she and Paula and I 
were chatting away a mile a minute. 
It was fortunate that there was a short lull in business
 and we had a chance to catch up.
 George, Carole's husband is such a good sport...
...he was busy with folks buying their Christmas trees.

Maynard Greenhouse is truly in an idyllic setting and Carole and George work so hard to make it look this beautiful!


I'll be quiet now and let you indulge in this visual feast!!
For a closer look at all the details you can click on the picture and then zoom in!
















Carole had a special Christmas gift for me and of course, it was wrapped beautifully and tied with gorgeous blue ribbon.


A beautiful and very personal collaged banner...
Such a sweet friend!

I hope you are enjoying coming along with me
 on my day of visiting and Christmas shopping.

I took 300 pictures and it is so hard to decide which ones to post!
Over the next few days I will take you to the other charming Connecticut towns and shops we visited.

I think you will love it!