Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Aqua Crown Jars


Thank you for all your wonderful comments and ideas yesterday!
Wouldn't you love a pair of pen nib earrings!
 I sure would!

If you liked those clear Crown Canadian canning jars

you will LOVE these that are tinted the palest aqua blue.



They came from the same friendly Canadian couple at Renningers.
 I was told that this one in the foreground is older
 because it doesn't have the dots around the crown.
 Perhaps all our Canadian friends know more about that!


In any case, I love them...
I love the crowns and the pale blue color!
I love filling them with pretties!

I love that they are simple, utilitarian pieces
 that were used to hold fruits and vegetables...
...and I remember my grandmother and Mom canning
 all those peaches, tomatoes and lima beans
 from the farm when I was a girl.
Although...I didn't like lima beans then and even now... I am not a fan!


As I am in sunny Florida caring for Mom...
I don't have my stash of vintage goodies and various collections on hand to display with my pretty jars.

 I am not looking for sympathy..
as I know so many of you in the north are buried in snow...


But, I do have access to beautiful seashells and I thought you wouldn't mind dreaming of the beach right about now...


Perhaps, later on this week
 I can post a few pictures of the sea and sand for you.


 Mom has had some visitors recently
 who have brought the most beautiful roses!

She and Dad are getting a kick out of watching me
 and my impromptu photo shoots with these old jars.
We're having fun together and we are grateful 
for the sunshine and this time together.

Are you ready for the weekend?
Any exciting plans?

:)