Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Color Purple


Purple isn't really my favorite color...although it is close to blue, which...as you all know, IS my favorite color.


Hmm....I did have a favorite pair of purple jeans many moons ago...Mr. Flea really liked those! :)
However...I digress...


Despite purple not being my fave...
...these purple bottles, which I have seen at various flea markets
...I do find quite attractive.

 The light shining through them is pretty.


Some old bottles will develop an amethyst tint or purple color to them after many years of sun exposure.

The dealer I purchased these bottles from told me that they were irradiated in order to give them this color.
He said that the bottles were old.

Is that wrong?
To alter the authentic appearance of old bottles?
I don't know...
...but they were very inexpensive and, well...pretty.

After passing them up a few times...
I caved and bought a few at Renningers.


I'm thinking that they will be beautiful 
as part of a vignette with my lilacs and violets this spring.

Ah....lilacs and violets...
soon enough!
:)