Monday, January 17, 2011

From Susie's Home to Yours!!


Susie of the blog From My Home To Yours...was a delightful surprise last Tuesday when I visited Shelley from Sweet Pea Home.

Here, was yet another blogger friend with a love of decorating with eclectic antiques, white chippy painted furniture, nature finds, beautiful accessories and well...
cool old junk!
 Not only that....she is a sweet and loving girl!  


Susie lives not too far from Shelley and invited
 Lynn and I to stop in at her charming home.

I am so glad we did!

Above is an inspiration fence in her studio.
Darn...I wish I had my better camera with me...sorry if my pics are a bit grainy!


Both Susie and her husband have been collectors for a long time. Susie sells some of her finds at a local antique mall where we even had a chance to poke around for a little while.
 She also has an Etsy shop...click here to view!




Susie and Michael currently rent this home and have fixed it up in such a charming fashion to fit their aesthetic. Here in the kitchen, Susie hung this wonderful old sign above the cupboards and changed out the pulls with these numbered ones.





 Susie's special number is 23!


...and look at this wonderful sign!
  Michael says that Susie just had to have it and once she explained that Winfield was a family name....well...she DID have to have it!!
Behind the french doors is Susie's studio...
 which was a very cool space and full of great stuff.


I loved this interesting old white dresser.
A lot of Susie's things she bought from Shelley and some of them she even sold back to Shelley and vice versa! 
I guess good friends are like that! :)



My friend Carole commented yesterday and said she thought that Shelley and Susie were like our friend Paula in Connecticut ...
...that they were the Paulas of the south....or perhaps Paula was the Shelley and Susie of the north?

In any case...
they all have a wonderful eye for beautiful old things and for displaying and using those pieces in artful and interesting ways!


How lucky am I to have these girls as friends?

I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of Susie's lovely home.
Thank you Susie for sharing your passion and talents with us and I LOVE my burlap sack with the hand stenciled 52 on it that you made just for me!
  (photo to follow soon!)


Linking up to White Wednesday at Kathleen's Faded Charm 

Up next...pictures from Renningers Extravaganza! 
coming soon!!
:)