Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An OOTD that was an effort, plus a hairband hairstyle (not that kind of hairband)

Hey everyone!

I've been wearing clothes lately, but I also have succumbed to my third sinus infection in a month, so, umm, haven't been making much of an effort.

But! then I got tired of not making an effort and tried to make an effort.

Thus, here are my efforts :).



Worn tonight to go to the mall and eat at CPK. Sometimes I like to pretend I still live in the suburbs by driving to the suburbs and recreating there.

Dress: Asos curve, 22
Underdress: black jersey, old navy, ages ago, 1x
cardi: old navy, xl, 2010
boots: target, 11
scarf: AA circle scarf

I also stretched my ears up to 1/2" tonight, using my new silicone eyelets from Kaos. They say not to stretch with them. I'm not a good listener.



I think they look awesome! I know not everyone will agree.

Sunday night I tried Stephanie's awesome tutorial for hairband hair (not, like, Ratt or Poison "hair band", but headband/elastic hair band thingy "hairband"). I had to tease my hair, use bobby pins and hair spray, so it wasn't exactly as easy as I thought it would be, but I was pleased.


(I've got a better pic of this super cute outfit coming later this week)



"Mmm, I love it when hip new pie shops serve tea in ridiculous small and heavy brown diner mugs!" /whiny lady

their pies, however, are DELICIOUS.