Friday, January 21, 2011

Saved Letters


One of the things I simply could not resist at Renningers 
was this stack of old letters, notes and invitations ...
...all dated from 1891 through 1896...


Fort Plain is a small town in upstate New York...
not too far from where my Mother's family came from.


It was fun to find this stack of saved letters 
with one cent postage stamps and lovely old penned script
 from this little familiar town in upstate New York...
...and fun to share it with my Mom here in Florida.


We opened the envelopes and read thank you notes, lovely invitations and correspondence between friends, family and neighbors dating back over one hundred years.



.

How romantic!



Isn't this embossed wedding invitation beautiful?

Thank you for all your great comments on our adventure at Renninger's Extravaganza.

To answer a couple of your questions... 

I do not know the price or the name of the dealer with the
 Jack Rabbit sign that so many of you liked...
...however I may be able to find out!  Shelley?

Those mercury glass bottles are sold individually or by the case...
I have the dealers card (somewhere) as Paula and I each bought one at the Madison Bouckville show the summer before last...
and will look for it for you...perhaps one of you knows and can save me the time of hunting through my piles for the information!

I am looking forward to going back to Renninger's Extravaganza in February
 and of course, will take you with me!
Let me know if there is anything I should look out for
 or anything you would like a picture of!

I hope that the weekend is going well for each of you. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
:)