Thursday, May 5, 2011

Apple Blossoms and Rusty Farm Relics


When I was a girl my grandparents farm
 was just a mile walk from home.
One of my favorite memories is climbing the old apple and chestnut trees that surrounded the farmhouse.


My brother Biff and I had some fun times up in those trees.
The apple blossoms in the surrounding orchards
 were a vision to behold.


I loved to explore the old barns and farm stand.
Before the farmhouse was sold in the late 70's....
...we sold a lot of the old farm tools
 for my Nana and Great Aunt Alice.
And after the sale...
I squirreled away lots of rusty old metal things.
I don't know why...
...after all I was just a newlywed...
...but I loved the rusty old gears
 as much as those beautiful apple blossoms.



This old cupboard is currently residing out in a shed...


 Mr. Flea and I dragged it up from his Great Uncle Al's basement in the early 80's.  I painted it blue on the inside and taupe on the outside and used it in the front bedroom before we had babies.


When Dan was born the cupboard went into the shed...
...and subsequently filled up
 with old tools and things from the farm.


Two of my loves...
apple blossoms and rusty old tools.
(I bet you thought I was going to say Mr. Flea and Dan)
:)


...and old kitchen things and pretty linens...
...and...and...
oh never mind!  :)



 Hoping your week has been going well.
It's almost the weekend!
There's a church sale and a flea market...
:)