Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aunt Jo's Chocolate Pot



This old chocolate pot and little cups and saucers  once belonged to
 Mr. Flea's Great Aunt Jo
(That's what his dad used to call her...Johanna was her name).


I love the soft pink blooms that decorate the delicate porcelain
 and have always admired it sitting in the hutch
 in my mother in law's dining room.


To my surprise, this afternoon she told me she was cleaning out
 and did I want Aunt Jo's chocolate pot?
I think it is easier for her to part with things from my father in law's side of the family than her own.

Anyway, of course I was delighted!
As I carried it out of the house the rhododendron next to the front door was just beginning to bloom...
 so I stole a few blossoms to take home with me.

:)

Big News!
Tomorrow, Daniel will be sworn in as a New York State attorney.
Congratulations Dan! We are all so proud of you!

Linking up to Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!