Monday, May 23, 2011

Fit to Flea


Whew!
 Talk about tired...


I'm not fit to flea!


The yard sale at Paula's home was loads of fun.
A big thank you to all the neighbors, blogger friends, lurkers...
 and even self proclaimed stalkers :)
...who made time to come.


We loved meeting you all!

Suzanne, Janet, Debbie, Kim, Mary and Denise ...
...and those whose names escape me ( so sorry )...

Wish we could have hung out together a little longer!


The weather held out on Saturday and
many folks took a walk out back and toured Paula's gardens.


The photos here show a lot of the treasures Paula was selling and an old iron crib that our friend Kathleen has for sale.
I should have taken a picture of Paula's charming crib turned daybed ... it is fitted with a ticking covered cushion and sits in her living room...there probably is a pic of it somewhere in a previous post.

The yard sale was fun...
...relaxed, comfortable and so very civilized...
(as compared to the flea market)


We finished cleaning up after the sale and packed our cars full
 for the flea market on Sunday.
Then our good friend Deanna from the incredible shop Gather in Ivoryton stopped by and we relaxed with a glass of wine
 before our delicious dinner. 
Thank you Bill! 
It was early to bed as we got up at 4:00 a.m. 

Did I mention that I was tired?
Did I happen to tell you that I'm not used to all this
 lugging, packing, setting up and taking down,
and the worst...

 negotiating a sale...
?

I mean seriously when you tell someone your price is $2.00 for five perfect creamy white doilies and they say, "I'll give you $1.50"...

Well,
 I'm exhausted.


So, the idea of an online shop is sounding better and better...

As much as I love to shop a flea market...

...apparently, I'm lacking the required physical stamina and the unique negotiating skills needed for the other side of the table.

As a buyer, a friendly smile served me well.  
As a vendor...not so much!
There are some seriously talented bargain getters out there!
Sigh...I am no match.

...it's so much more fun to search out and buy treasures
 than it is to sell them.
I found myself just a little bit cranky at the flea market.
Sorry Paula!

But it was great to see Suzanne, Janet and Debbie again...
...they had a marathon weekend of flea shopping fun!


And it was great to meet Debra of  Capers of the Vintage Vixens!
She was shopping with cute as a button, little Stella who had just found a vintage Barbie
 with a bag full of delightful handmade vintage clothes!
We were playing Barbies and trying on clothes right there at the flea...what fun!

And it was wonderful to see our dear friends Evi and Ebbie
 who were at the flea searching for the perfect mirror for their newly renovated and decorated bathroom.
 I can't wait to see it!

Well, at least I got rid of a lot of good junk treasure!
:)
Hope it was a fun weekend for you too...
and that the week ahead brings all good things!