Monday, May 30, 2011

Flying The Coop



This week I will be flying to Florida to keep my Dad
 company as he drives north for the summer.


I'm looking forward to our time together...
quiet time and time to talk.




 Sister Lynn and I found this old chocolate tin at the flea market.
The sweet faded poem on the cover brought tears to our eyes
 and $2 out of my pocket.


Mother
Every Age and every tongue
Of Mother love has fondly sung
And from my heart I want to add
A glowing tribute just as glad
For never could love more wonderful be
Than you, dear Mother, have given to me.


                                 Mary Grey Robinson


Remember this beautiful linen heart that
 Mira of Belle Blanc gave me last March?
(She picked my cup in her favorite cup contest...lucky me!)

I just love it...

The poem which she printed on the fabric...
 I Carry Your Heart With Me by EE Cummings
 holds special meaning.
It probably is meaningful in some way to everyone.

We are planning a memorial service for Mom on June 11th to be held in the Adirondacks
 so that her family and friends in the north have an opportunity to celebrate her life.

We helped Kate move this weekend 
and it was fun to spend time with her and her friends.

Hope the long weekend was full of fun
 and special memories for you too!

:)
Hey! This post is mostly white...
I'm linking up to Kathleen at Faded Charm 
for White Wednesday...check it out to see the other participants!