Sunday, May 8, 2011

OOTD: For 6 hours on planes

Folks, I had been awake since ~3am when these were taken, and had slept in my french braids after drinking, oh, about 14 margaritas for cinco de mayo. Then, I got on planes to make my way home from Austin. And I think I looked awesome even with the lack of sleep and questionable hygiene!

(I used to have an animated gif here but the site I used for it is causing a broken link so I took it down)



Outfit details:
Dress: fatshionista LJ swap
Belt: Target, men's section. It's braided elastic and super comfy!
Brown cardigan: Target merona xl, from 2005 or so. They don't make em like they used to.
Scarf: AA circle scarf
shoes: toms. I'm hopeless trendy.
tattoo: almost done!

Also, check out the awesome new-to-me bag I got at the farmer's market last weekend. It's vintage, but never used! I desperately needed a new laptop/carry all bag since my H&M one was disintegrating and leaving a trail of chartreuse-colored vinyl flakes everywhere I went.



When I travel, I love wearing dresses because they are lots more comfy than pants for me, and I feel like I look nice while wearing something comfier than sweatpants. I feel like I'm fooling everyone that thinks I dressed up and am SOOOO uncomfortable, because really I'm super comfy.

Also, being dressed up is extra armor for me, because flying whilst fat can be trying since I don't fit into the seats very well and am always prepared to be met with unkindness from fellow passengers or flight crew. When I feel like I look nice, it's easier for me to feel good about myself even if other people don't dig me.

What do you all like to wear when you travel?