Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Stroll Through The Flea Market


As expected Mother's Day was bittersweet...
Mr. Flea got up at 5 a.m. in order to fix me coffee
 before I left for the flea market.
He surprised me with two handmade coffee mugs decorated with wisteria in blues and greens that he secretly purchased at a local pottery and art show.
He also had a box of chocolate donuts for me.
He was so sweet and I am so blessed.


 As I drove to the market I cried
 thinking about the loss of my Mom just 8 weeks ago
 and the blessings of being her child
 and being loved so much by her and my Dad.
I am so grateful.


It was the perfect spring morning at my favorite flea...
 the Elephant's Trunk  in New Milford, CT.
I can't really think of anything I would rather do than poke around fields of antiques, vintage ware and junk on a beautiful sunny day.


After several hours of junking bliss I met up with my friend Deanna from the charming shop Gather in Ivoryton, CT.


We sat out under a tree and chatted while we ate our delicious
 egg and sausage sandwiches.
As the mothers of young adult children 
who are making their way in the world...
we had lots to share...
 It was lovely to spend this Mother's Day morning with Deanna.



Here are some snapshots of what I saw
 as I walked up and down the aisles..
(click on any photo for a closer view)















I guess this sign was to remind everyone that Brimfield in Massachusetts starts today!




























See anything interesting?

The day ended with flowers and chocolates and a phone call...
Dan and Kate made my day special too.
I know...I'm a lucky girl!

:)