Friday, May 27, 2011

Trading Up


Early this morning the sunlight beckoned me outside...


...the perfect light for taking pictures.
This wire dish drain used to belong to my girlfriend Paula...
...you know, the one I had the sale with last weekend.
 We traded quite a few items before the sale...
and this old thing just needed to come home with me.



The beautiful botanical black and white dishes, you may recognize,
  came from Anthropologie several years ago.
Paula fell in love with them and bought them first.
I waited and waited....eventually they went on sale...
...and then I pounced and bought them too.




 




Oh, and this old screen window came home with me too.
 love it!

Instead of opening up the lake house this weekend...
we stayed in town and will be helping Kate move
 out of Manhattan and back to Brooklyn again.

  Mr. Flea spent the day repairing a vintage dressing table with triple
 mirrors that Kate set her sights on a few weeks ago
 when she was home for a visit.
  We will be bringing it to Brooklyn for her as well as a few other vintage girly things to decorate her new apartment.

What are your exciting plans for the long weekend?
:)