Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bric Brac



Bric Brac!
I have been cleaning out the corners of this cottage...
...going to bring all these odds and ends of glassware to the booth.
A lot of this old green glass was from Brody or Hoosier...
for the florist trade.
 I used to pick it up wherever I found it
 as it went so well with the lush green
 of the tall pines in these mountains.
I have tons of it...haven't gotten to the attic yet.


Bud vases...so pretty all together on a long table...
...perhaps for a summer picnic, or even a bridal shower or wedding!
This rich green color also works well Christmastime.


Manly glassware.



Bar ware.


Cheerful summery colors of the 40's and 50's 




Lynn and I have been cleaning out
 and putting price tags on all these odds and ends.
I am thinking that my little booth will have an Adirondack flair to it to begin with as I part with some of the vintage souvenir collectibles, old kitchenware from camps and cottages and equipment from
 outdoor activities...like fishing, hunting and canoeing items.


... and then there are all these items...
...can't keep it all!


My Dad pulled out the last of the old apple picking ladders
 from the farm...it was under his camp.


I am going to use it to display linens and things.


This is one of 4 old panels made from bark cloth.
You can see the Oriental influence in the mountain motif.
There were lots of this type of fabric used in the old camps
 and cottages in this area.


Time to pass it all along to someone who will make
 good use of these things.
 (Hopefully someone will want this stuff!)

We've been busy...
sorting, planning, chatting and enjoying each other's company.
Just a few days left before Lynn heads back to Chicago.
What will I do without her?


It's another new day.
I hope yours is filled with joy!
:)