Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting my home-making on

Dear readers, I must tell you, last weekend I home-maked like a BOSS.



I made JAM!!!!



Made from peaches.



That were food-processored.



Then packed up to give to friends.



It was my first time making jam, I was inspired by this recipe but followed the instructions on the sure-jell pectin (which I'd recommend, they are easy to understand and it turned out great!). Other than the fact that we got sugary peach slurry all over the countertop when trying to pour it into the jam jars.



I started to hand-write the labels on post-its-notes, but then I thought "if I'm effing MAKING JAM FROM SCRATCH I can get out the typewriter like a respectable crafty person."



Also I made bread! From scratch!



We don't have a cooling rack, so I use a metal trivet. Resourceful, I am. And, judging by the smiles from my friends, they thought the bread and jam turned out pretty good.