Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bathing suits (I know, I know, it's winter)

More on why later, but I'm in the market for a new bathing suit for the first time in years. I don't love tankinis because the waistband always digs into me, unless I order the bottoms so large that they fall off, which, umm, presents its own kind of problem that some may say is worse than an uncomfortable waistband.

Ahem.

So, I want a one-piece, and I want it to be cute. I'd also like it to be cheap, but I'm realizing that may not be possible.

Especially given how awesome these very expensive suits from Monif C are! How can you not love the way Fluvia Lacerda looks in all of them? Goodness, she is attractive. I'm not really built that way though. I have rolls, and let's face it, my boobs don't resemble an epic prow in quite the same way. I'm more barge-like than schooner-like.

Anyways. Here's what I ordered:

- this Old navy one, which now carries the helpful message to size up, since they run small. It didn't have that message the other day when I placed my order, so I'm thinking it probably won't fit.


- this awesome polka dotted number from Asos curve


- and this vintagey one from Modcloth


What do you think? Do you have a favorite? I may be brave enough to post pics of me wearing each when they come in, unless things are wardrobe-malfunction-scandalous. We'll see :)

ETA: Or I could just go with this option, if I thought the xl would fit:


That's right. R2D2 baby!