Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flea Market Adventure in Florida


 Monday was the Webster Westside Fleamarket.
My sweet sister Lynn and brother in law Steve drove me there...
knowing that I was dying to go!

...they are so good to me!

It was great to be out in the morning sunshine looking at all the treasures being offered.




So many things that I love!
All this blue and white enamelware was a collection that once belonged to the seller's parents.



 I  was tempted to buy this old Ivory Flakes soap box...


Don't you love this old dress form standing next to the Florida tropical upholstered chair?


 old photos...


vintage toy trains...


...great colors on this stack of old tins...


 ...a huge collection of old shaving brushes and paraphernalia...


 ...crochet lace...


some great vintage clocks...


...sewing machines...


This was a great collection of vintage  mother of pearl 
and other white buttons....
...all sewn on an old linen calendar.


 ... check out the 1939 New York World's Fair button!


 ...a nice old hooked rug...


 ...wooden shoe lasts...


It wouldn't be a flea market without a little Elvis...


 ...lots of vintage cameras...


...and of course...
...it wouldn't be a Florida fleamarket without a little of this!

I fly home tomorrow...
...although I am sorry to leave my parents I am grateful to have been able to spend this time with them.

See you tomorrow Mr. Flea!
:)